Love

Love
The happiest day of our lives

Friday, September 24, 2010

The City of Love!

So we went to france this last month, and we had a great time. Although we had lots of adventures! Starting with the day we got there, i had to go and find an adapter because I cannot sleep without my fan. So we searched and searched (all in a jet lag state), and everything was closed because it was a Saturday (which is very weird). We finally found one at a nearby hotel (they were pretty mad when they found out that we weren't even staying at their hotel-almost took it back!), and then we took it up to our room. I had bought a 3 dollar fan at Target, and we plugged it in, and laid on the bed to enjoy it. Not one minute later there was this awful smell, and it was smoking! It was a disaster. So needless to say, I spent the vacation without a fan. Yeah! So apparentally I can make it without one. Although I did sleep with earplugs. The next morning, we went on a train to Nimes. The countryside was so gorgeous. I wish we could have stayed in the country side more, but Nimes and Nice were gorgeous too. Here is a picture of the view from my window. (Sorry a little blurry).


Then we went to Nimes, and it was actually the city where Porter served part of his mission. It was really fun to see a couple of his old friends, even though I couldn't understand a word of what they said! My favorite thing at Nimes was probably the Pont du Gard. Its this huge aquaduct (sp), that the Romans built near the time of Christ I think. Its really beautiful!



We went to Nice next, and stayed in a little apartment by the beach. The beach was pebbly, but the water was so clear and blue! We rented a scooter, and drove to Monaco, and the Village of Eze. Monaco was pretty, but there wasn't a whole lot to do there but walk around. There was a couple of old buildings, and a museum but nothing too exciting. What was the prettiest thing about Nice was its coastline. So pretty!





The last place we went to was Paris. So we didn't have a car or anything so Porter tried really hard to direct us where we needed to go. It was an adventure! We got to the apartment we were staying at finally, and tried to find dinner. We got a panini (which was really really gross), and went to sleep. (We went to bed so early every night because we were just exhausted, we are not night people!). Luckily I married someone who likes to go to bed at a decent time too! We went to the Louvre the first day. It was huge! We didn't even see everything. Some of it was underground.



We went to the Eiffel tower (after lots of huffing and puffing up the stairs). It was cheaper that way so we climbed half the way up. I was pretty proud of myself! :) So we got halfway and decided that was good enough. The view was beautiful! It was really cool, and I'm glad we went to Paris, but I don't think I'd go back. If I could go anywhere again, I'd go back to Nice. Crystal blue waters and beaches! Although the beach in Nice was a nude beach which I didn't like. Lots of old ladies half naked! But overall such a fun trip, and I feel like Porter and I are even closer after going together. It was fun to see where he had served his mission, and he liked using his French. I'm sad now because Porter left me to do advanced training in Missouri. But he'll be back on Sunday! :) These are my favorite Paris pictures:



0 comments:

Kissy :)

Kissy :)
My favorite engagement picture

Horseback riding!

Horseback riding!
This is from when we went horseback riding in the mountains. It was so much fun!

This is me on a horse. Not very graceful:)

Us trying to get one together