So this summer has defintitely been craziness. Porter has been working so much, because summer is the busiest season for his work. While I, have been bored out of my mind. Trying to fix that soon though :) So we recently celebrated our first wedding anniversary. It was on a Sunday, and first I had to pick him up from the airport because he'd been in Missouri all weekend for work. We just did things we normally did, nothing special because we decided not to give gifts because we're going on a huge vacation in a month. (FRANCE!!) So excited by the way!
Anyways, I just realized something about marriage. The little things you do for each other make a huge difference. If you're willing to put forth effort into making the other person happy, then they usually are willing to too. I am so grateful for my husband who is willing to do anything to make me happy. Who loves and supports me in everything I do. I wish I was a better wife sometimes, but I am learning I guess! This year has been the happiest of my whole life. It seems like everything had its purpose, even me dating odd, interesting, and at times psycho guys! But I would do it all again if I get Porter at the end of it:) I love my life. I love that I get to wake up to my husband's handsome face every morning.
I've been working on scrapbooking too, and I think some of the pages are pretty cute! I still need to get better of course, but it has made me think of a few fun things we did this year:
1. We tree thinned in the wilderness for 4 months. At first, I absolutely hated it (bugs and heat and massive trees falling in your direction!), but then I realized that it was the only time where I get to spend all day with Porter, and just him and me. So I tried to enjoy it after that!
2. Porter left me for 2 months for training in Missouri. I was so sad the whole time he was gone, i think i cried the first 2 weeks. But it helped me to appreciate him and not take him for granted.
3. We went to the Oregon coast twice, and fell asleep on the beach. if you know me, you know that I don't sleep anywhere but in my bed with my fan full blast, but it actually happened! I was quite proud of myself.
Some not so fun things happened this year too. I realized what it fully meant to lose something precious. I learned God gives, and he takes away for a reason. I learned how to move on, and how to become a better person regardless of my trials. Some people think that I have forgotten or moved on completely, and the truth is that I never will. I will never forget, but I will learn from it. I love my Heavenly Father, and I know that I am his daughter. It took me a long time to learn that, but I am loved! I love my life!
Ps. if you don't know by now, I am a VERY random person, as evidenced by my blogs!!!
Also: Something funny that happened last night: Apparentally we were both sleep walking, and lights were turned on and we know that we were walking around or looking for something, but we both can't remember what it is. Its a problem when you're both sleep walking! We both sleep talk too, so I would really like to record us some night, and it would be funny to watch!
Love you all!
Monday, August 9, 2010
Crazy summer!
Posted by Madi-Porter at 10:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kissy :)
My favorite engagement picture
Horseback riding!
This is from when we went horseback riding in the mountains. It was so much fun!
This is me on a horse. Not very graceful:)
Us trying to get one together




2 comments:
Fun post. I love the randomness! So exciting you're going to FRANCE! You made me laugh about the sleep walking and talking, that's hilarious!
Ha thank you! Yeah we're pretty much crazy! :)
Post a Comment